Event & Race Information
- Minimum age for the Half Marathon is 12 years on race day. Children under 12 may enter the 5km & 10km events.
- Online entries close 6pm on 7th September 2017, however hardcopy late entries may be accepted up to 30 minutes before the start time on 9th September 2017. A late entry fee of $10 ($5 for students) will apply to all entrants after midnight 4th September 2017.
- The race number MUST be placed high on the front of your singlet or shirt where it is clearly visible. The transponder must be tied to a shoelace with the supplied twist tie.
- Any request for refunds of the race entry fee must be made in writing before 3rd September 2017 and will be at the discretion of the Race Director.
- Half Marathon & 10km race starts at 9:00am. The 5km race starts at 9:30am. The course will be closed at 12:30pm.
- Finishers‘ certificates and results will be available on www.whangamatarunwalk.co.nz at the conclusion of the event. Results and certificates will NOT be posted to entrants.
- Race numbers and transponders will be available between 6pm-8.30pm Friday 8th September 2017 and from 7:30am Saturday 9th September 2017 at the Whangamata Area School, Port Rd, Whangamata.
- Each event has a unique coloured number. Half Marathon is BLUE. 10km is YELLOW and 5km is RED.
Rules of the Event
- An accepted entry will not be transferred to another person.
- In the unlikely event of circumstances occuring which result in the event being cancelled, the total entry fee is not refundable.
- Neither the organisers, sponsors nor other partners associated with the event shall have any responsibility for any liability, financial or otherwise, which might arise whether sustained by the entrant or any other part directly or indirectly associated with the entrant’s intended or actual participation in the event or its related activities.
- The entrant agrees to abide by the race rules and follow the directions of the race officials and NZ Police. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Entrants acknowledge that part of this event will be held on public roads that are NOT closed to traffic. Entrants take part entirely at their own risk and will waive all claims against the organisers or sponsors.
- Entrants authorise their name, voice or picture and any information included in their entry form to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion or in any other way relating to this event. Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993
- The Race Director’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
With special thanks to our sponsors
Website designed by Paper Pixels | Copyright Whangamata Run Walk Festival 2012